Monday, June 19, 2017

Book Review: Israel - God's Heart


Last fall, I traveled with a group from Hillcrest to Jordan and Israel, and to say that the experience of being in that part of the world changed me forever is an understatement.  For weeks, I couldn't even really put into words the great beauty of those countries and the time I spent there.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures:



the food.  the people (who are nothing like the media would have you believe).
the Dead Sea.  the language, the one Jesus would likely have spoken.
the rich heritage.  walking where the Savior might have.
It's nothing short of life-changing.

My husband is preparing to leave soon for a couple of weeks in the same part of the world, and I am simultaneously thrilled for him, and incredibly jealous.  I would go back in a heartbeat....move there with our family, live among the people, soak up the glorious richness there.  I fell in love with it.  Does it make any sense to be homesick for somewhere you've never lived?  I don't know, but it's how I feel.

So when I opened this book and saw the beautiful photography of the landscapes that are forever etched in my mind, it took my breath away!

See it for yourself here:

The author does a good job providing historical context to the places pictured, and the Biblical interpretation is a nice touch, but the real star of the show is the beautiful aerial photography that captures the vistas of the geographical place that is most central to the lives of believers.

This beautiful book will have a permanent place on our coffee table,
and makes me feel a little closer to the places I love so much.

Here's all the info you need to get your copy:
Israel-God's Heart: Landscapes and Legacy of Israel 
 
(Skypics Israel, November 2016)
Soar across the skies of beautiful Israel and visit contemporary and historic sites beckoning visitors to stay and explore.

The beauty of Israel from above is captured by top aerial photographer Ron Gafni.  As you sweep over ancient ruins, fly high in hot air balloons, and view vignette's of Israel's modern lifestyles, Holy scripture will also come alive. Author Kathleen Barrett offers reflective narrative with scripture pointing to God's redemption plan for the world.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased personal review.


No comments:

Post a Comment