Thursday, May 18, 2017

Lana, at 10.


This one. She's a baffling, extraordinary mixture of everything good in the world. She's tender and tough. She is thoughtful and bubbly. She's an observer, a careful people-watcher, but she never wants to be on the sidelines. She can read your face like a gypsy reads palms, but she has a hard time expressing her own feelings. She's a pleaser, and she's stubborn. She will cry if you kill an insect,but has to be seriously hurt to shed a tear. She's fearless when it comes to trying new things, but cares too much sometimes about what others think of her. A harsh word will mark her for days...she'll roll it around inside...but she's the quickest, most gracious forgiver you'll ever meet. (I know, because I have to ask her for forgiveness so often.) She's highly organized, and yet quite messy. Her kind of beauty starts in the inside and radiates out, and I'm quite sure that God put her in our family to teach me a great many things, not the other way around, as I originally supposed. We've navigated together through some choppy waters this year. It hasn't always been easy for her, and that was hard to watch, but she's amazed me continually with her inner peace, and unflagging optimism. There's a spark in this girl...something precious and beautiful. I'm in awe that I get to be her mama.#teamdavis


No comments:

Post a Comment