Friday, May 26, 2017

Summertime!

“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” 
― Henry James


 Team Davis is SO excited that it's summertime!
We had a few fun surprises waiting on our littles when we got home from school today to celebrate the beginning of a season of rest and family fun.


With the downtime of summer, though, sometimes comes a need to set up some sort of loose structure so that Mom doesn't lose her mind, ha!  I want to enjoy a bit of rest and leisure time just as much as the kids do.

So a few summers ago, I started a system of chores and screen time rules that really worked for us, and helped prevent me from becoming the Screen Time Nazi or the Summertime Cruise Director.

I adapt it a bit each year to fit what the kids (and I!) need.
Here's this summer's lineup:




“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
― F. Scott Fitzgerald

1 comment: