Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Mama's coming home.


"Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, 
but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living." 
-Bob Marley

Today I turned in my keys and badge, and I left a little piece of my heart in this classroom. Next year, I will work from home full-time, running my business and caring for my family. It's a dream come true, and I want to squeeze the neck of every single person who chooses to do business with me because ALL THE THANK YOUS aren't enough.
But today, this afternoon, I stood in the doorway of our classroom and felt completely undone; just utterly grateful for my time with Lauren in this room, for the dozens of students who have become "my kids," for the friendships I've made and lessons I've learned. My time here was a gift. The next season will be, too. Somehow, each one always is, in its own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment