Thursday, January 19, 2017

Round here

Winter in Florida brings unusual sea creatures to the shore sometimes.
We did some research, 
and it turns out this one is a highly venomous Portuguese man-of-war.
A man-of-war is actually a floating colony, and gives a powerful, dangerous sting.
We stayed out of the water this day,
but isn't it beautiful?!

The kids got to dress in plain clothes a few weeks ago for good behavior.
They picked out their own outfits;
I love seeing how their styles are emerging.
Lana went for cute; Tucker for comfy.
 

We did get a bit of true winter in the panhandle this year!
Thankfully, these frigid temps only lasted a few days.

Friday date day isn't always a thing - 
sometimes our Fridays get filled up with things to do:
projects, life insurance meetings, errands, volunteering.
But sometimes we sneak away to a midday movie, and it is such a joy.
He is forever my favorite.

waiting for sister is better when you're cuddling and taking silly selfies.

Dan bought me a little stand for my phone,
to make my video conferences and such easier for work.
He was getting it set up for me one night,
and accidentally snapped this silly shot.
It makes me smile.

This is our family focus for 2017: 
to outdo one another in honor and love.

That's Lana under the basket,
boxing out for the free throw rebound.
Look at those arms - they go on for days!
I am SO proud of how much she's improved in basketball this season.

This guy has no personality, clearly.
For posterity, this is called the "dab"
and is infinitely cool right now.

One of the ways we've gotten Tucker pain relief from his broken clavicle is lots of baths.  It takes the pressure off that shoulder, and lets him relax.  This particular night, he said "Oh mom, if I just had some cucumbers for my eyes, this would be a spa."  

I love people.  I really do.
But I'm an introvert at heart, and if I could find this sign,
I would hang it up permanently!! Ha!

Speaking of being an introvert,
I stole a few moments away one morning last week 
to have a delicious cup of coffee and study, all by myself.
This kind of thing fills my tank.

We were at the orthopedist, and this guy was acting so silly!
I think they were pumping laughing gas through the vents,
because he was delirious.
Here's a trick he learned while we waited, too.

We were out of school on Monday for MLK Jr. Day,
and we were so happy to spend it at the beach with friends!

It was mid-70's and sunny,
and we all ended up with sunburns!  In January!

This guy was shoveling with a broken collarbone!
Kids are so resilient.
It was hard for me to just let him play,
but the ortho said to let him go at his comfort level.
Ironically, though, it still hurts to write at school.  Ha!

I love this beach better than any beach in the world.

This little cutie lost his front tooth!
Oh my WORD, I love the gap and the little lisp.
It's a bit said, though - once that tooth comes in,
the baby look will be gone.

He enjoyed the tooth treasure hunt that followed:

more relaxing in the tub....
we've done a lot of this over the past week since his break.

 Pepper has revolted against her kennel.
She hates it completely.
We bought her this big comfy bed thinking it would make it better
while's she's in there during the day.
You can see how she feels about that.

Is anything so heartwarming as coming in to my daughter's room at night to find her reading her Bible?  It's been the prayer of my heart since she was born that she would love God's Word deeply.

This is what happens when your parents tell you that you can't stay up late to watch the National Championship game.

He was truly distraught.

It's a tough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment