Friday, October 21, 2016

Israel/Jordan trip: the ministries

5 days I've been home now, from the Middle East.
5 days of sleeping in my own bed,
holding my people close,
getting caught up on regular life.

And as I do those things,
I'm trying desperately to process the 10 days prior,
trying desperately to hold the pieces of myself together.

Everything feels very raw, and my skin is very thin.
I've asked around, and I think this is normal.
I can't ever be the same,
and I don't want to lose the awe of what I experienced.

We did so much, so quickly,
and I think I'm just now beginning to process it.

So I'm going to try to begin the process of blogging about my days there.
I won't be able to put it into words,
but I have to make a record of it,
put some virtual standing stones in place to remember.

Much of what we did and what happened while we were there is confidential.
While we played with children and encouraged women,
there were many private meetings and conversations going on that will bear much fruit for the Kingdom in the days ahead, and I obviously can't share those details on a public blog.

I want to write down what I can, though, and I must first introduce you to the ministries we were able to join with while in country.  One of the things I love and respect about the way Hillcrest does short-term mission trips is that we always go to work with a long-term ministry partner who is on the ground in the area we are going to.  We are never going in isolation.  We always go to aid in the work that our ministry partners are doing.

Meet our team!
We are quite an eclectic group of 12,
with wildly different personalities and giftings,
and each one absolutely stole my heart.
It was such a gift to travel and work with these brothers and sisters.
I learned so much about and from them!

In Israel, we joined Bethlehem Evangelical Academy for a day,
and I cannot tell you the JOY that is contained in that school.
and his family are there serving, and their ministry is breath-taking.
We are in the beginning stages of partnering with this school and family,
so please stay tuned!

for their annual network conference.  
We were able to join with women from 12 different countries across the Middle East, for several days of learning and encouragement.  I wish I could tell you the stories here; let it suffice to say that these women and this organization are heroes of our faith.

1 comment: