Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Field Day 2016

Today was Field Day at the kids' school for 1st-6th grade.
It was our first year, so we weren't sure what we were in for!
I'm so thankful for my co-teacher Lauren;
she switched teaching days with me so I could come join the fun!

Headed in to the gym for opening ceremonies:


Each grade split in to teams of 2-4, and then joined with their color teams from the other grades; that way, each color team had students from every grade level. I loved that!

the first relay:


After a few fun games in the gym,
we moved outside.
Teams rotated through a series of stations, receiving points at each station.
They did basketball relays, water relays, obstacle courses, and more!
There was a face painting and popsicle station, as well.






Lana & Riley dominated this water balloon toss!





Dan got to come by on his lunch break,
and he & I teamed up to do "Fish Bowl,"
in which we use squirt guns and water hoses to squirt down each team.
SO MUCH FUN!





That tall girl who is a head above the rest is my Lana,
standing up to make sure she could see & hear who the winners were.
Her team got 3rd place!

It was such an organized, wonderfully fun day!
We can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment