Friday, April 8, 2016

Round here

Resurrection Sunday was extra special this year,
as we shared the day with some of our family-by-choice.

These two.  It is my deepest prayer for them that they "know Christ, and the power of His resurrection." (Phil 3:10)  The rest of that verse is more stark...and yes, it's still my prayer for them, and for myself.

Tucker absolutely adores Colter.  ADORES.

Games after Easter lunch....love that my girl is right in there with the grown ups.
What a sweet way to spend a Sabbath!

April has already been a month full of visits from favorite friends!
Sawyer & Bennett & their precious mommy came to visit from NC for a week:

and our beloved Scotts came to the beach for a weekend
and met us for dinner:

sweet snuggles from this baby who once was blind but now can see.
(p.s. her temporary blindness rendered her absolutely, utterly spoiled.)

I love taking my littles with me to vote;
it was an interesting discussion as we headed to the ballot box for the primaries.
Tucker had a very strong opinion about who I should vote for!  Ha!

Oh, this Katie Barker.
She & I meet every other week for coffee and Jesus and real talk,
and I just love her to absolute bits.
They put this sign out in front of Fosko just for us.


This girl and her daddy are something serious.
Alike, in so many ways; they are smitten with each other.

Truth?  I think yes.
(I love Storypeople.)


Our friends Ben & Laura left this month to go on SUCH a cool adventure!
They sold their stuff, rented their house, bought an RV, and are traveling the US.
Are you kidding me with the coolness?! 
We got together for sushi one night before they left.

Pepper's favorite spot to wait while I get ready in the mornings.

Listen to me.  When this child flips his hat backwards,
it MELTS ME TO A PUDDLE. 
I'm mush just looking at this picture.
My knees turn to jello when his daddy wears his hat like this, too.
I can't even explain it.

I asked my firsties to write about something they'd like to invent.
This child wins the award for the most honest narrative:

Remember when I told you she's spoiled?
That's clean laundry she's napping in.

As he becomes more and more literate, we find him this way even more often.
His sister had just introduced him to the Flat Stanley series.

Speaking of books, these two loves left me on the couch reading on Sunday afternoon,
and when I poked my nose outside to see what they were doing,
this is what I found:

That trampoline has been a great investment for us! 
Not only does it serve as a shade for reading good books,
but it can be an awesome water feature as well:

Sometimes I catch her dreaming and wonder
where that little mind meanders
Is she down along the shore or
strolling 'cross the braod savannahs,
I know in time she'll learn to make up her own mind
In time she's gonna learn how to fly
Oh that I won't deny
(Jimmy Buffett, Little Miss Magic)
This miracle of mine hasn't had the easiest few months;
Sometimes there are hard things we have to do,
and it makes me breathless to watch her do them.
She's so brave; she trusts the Lord so much; she believes the best of everyone.
I want to be just like her one day.
Being her mama is the joy of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment