Thursday, April 16, 2015

Round here.

Lana's class won a "Study Island" grade-level contest
to prepare for standardized testing.
Pictured with their teacher, Mrs. Celis (middle),
principal Mrs. Sanders (left),
and assistant principal Dr. Quarells (right).

I let the children have rest time together over the weekend,
instead of their rooms, as usual.
They loved it.
and I got to nap.
#winning

The Moore family came over for dinner last weekend,
and the kids played outside until way after dark.
They were filthy and sweaty and exhausted and happy.
I'm so glad they are getting this kind of childhood.

Mom & I snuck away together for 24 hours.
No interruptions: just good food, relaxation, massages, late-night movies....
I'm so glad she's mine.

Lana's cursive is improving every day.
This note she left for her daddy on the whiteboard in his office makes me smile.

Dan went away with the church staff for a quick overnight retreat in Atlanta.
I don't have words to say how much joy it brings me
to see my husband building relationships and doing ministry with
some of the finest, most humble, godly people I know.
It's more than I could have asked for or imagined.
We are so thankful he has the privilege of serving with this team of people!


This is how Tucker felt when he woke up Tuesday morning
and realized Daddy wasn't back home yet.

This is where they waited for Daddy to get back home on Tuesday night.

 Warmer weather has officially arrived in Florida,
and we greeted it with our traditional batch of cold brew coffee.
We have used The Pioneer Woman's recipe for cold brewed coffee for years now,
and just snagged this Hario cold brewer to make it a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment