Monday, January 26, 2015

Nap time with my buddy.

Today, after VPK, Tucker was needy and weepy and a little grumpy.
I had a to-do list as long as my arm, just breathing down my neck.
It was a recipe for disaster.
Instead of letting it all spiral out of control (as I sometimes do),
I took a deep breath and snuggled up in the bed with my boy.
We napped for an hour together in my bed, and when we woke,
he was no longer grumpy, and I was no longer stressed.
Funny how taking a break from the doing can help, not hurt.

I took this picture because it made me smile.
His pillow is pushed up against mine, as close as can be.
He nearly pushed me off the bed,
trying to get closer and closer to me.
We both slept under our favorite blankets.
Those sweet stuffed animals he kept tucked under his chin.

In the not too distant future, he won't dream of napping with his mommy.
Today was a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment