Thursday, January 8, 2015

Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup



I have seen this recipe several times, but I'm always so reluctant to try new recipes because I hate to waste money on the ingredients for something that we might not like.  So I LOVE it when people post tried-and-true favorites. A friend posted a picture of this soup she was serving her family, and raving about it.  Score!  I was at Publix when she sent me the recipe, so I grabbed the ingredients to throw it in the crockpot.  Perfect for a day I'm working, or for a Sunday afternoon lunch.

Ingredients:
1 (30 oz) bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 (32 oz) box of chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
3 oz. bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  Put the potatoes in the crock pot.
2.  Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken, half the bacon bits, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Stir well.
3.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.  
4.  An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes, and place the cubes into the crock pot.
5.  Mix a few times during the hour before serving.  Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve.
6.  Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment