My friend Valita made these for small group one night,
and my Lana could have eaten the entire crock pot herself!
They really were the yummiest baked apples I've ever tasted,
including Cracker Barrel's.
She is a wonderful cook, so it wasn't surprising!
I'm so thankful she shared her recipe with us.
6 large tart apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbs all purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
6 Tbs melted butter
1. Put sliced apples in crock pot.
2. Drizzle with lemon juice.
3. Combine dry ingredients and sprinkle over the apples.
4. Drizzle with melted butter.
5. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.