My co-teacher Lauren is famous for her Cream Cheese Delight.
I had never tried it before, but all the firstie teachers raved about it,
so I made it for a game night with some friends right after Christmas.
It is SO BAD for you, but SO GOOD.
It's the kind of dessert you should only make
when there are other people coming over to help eat it, too.
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese*, at room temperature
2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough*
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
*I used the low-fat versions of these ingredients and couldn't tell at all. I'm not sure it makes much difference though, haha!
1. Grease 9x13 pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Spread one can of crescent dough on bottom of pan.
4. Mix softened cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth, and spread on top of crescent dough.
5. Spread 2nd can of dough on top of cheese mixture. Be careful to not leave too many gaps in the dough.
6. Pour melted butter all over crescent dough.
7. Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of butter. Use all of it - it looks like a lot, but it's just right.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
I must figure out how to half this recipe and put in an 8x8 pan instead,
because it's really just a sin to have that much of this goodness in the house at one time.