Thursday, October 9, 2014

One year ago.

One year ago today:

My caption was 
Can't wait to see if these are all they're cracked up to be.

In short:
they are.
they are.


Before: we suffered through seasonal allergies with zyrtec, claritin, local honey, and afrin.
Now: lemon, lavender, and peppermint are in our diffuser, rollerballs, and capsules.  We add copaiba when they are very bad.

Before: cold season meant wheezing and breathing treatments.
Now: we prevent sickness with thieves and oregano, and treat any coughs or congestion we do get with RC and Raven in the diffuser, and rubbed on the chest and feet.

Before: stress meant mama acted kind of crazy.
Now: Stress Away behind the ears and back of neck and Joy or Orange in the diffuser.

Before: visits to the doctor and dentist usually led to weeping and gnashing of teeth
Now: Valor on the jawline and Peace & Calming on the wrists and ankles make a night and day difference.  I wouldn't take the kids to the dentist by myself a year ago; Dan always had to go with to help me.  Now I don't think twice about it.

Before: excedrin was my go-to headache medicine; Dan preferred Advil.
Now: Peppermint on the temples, Frankincense on the roof of the mouth, Deep Relief on the forehead. Our headache medicines have literally expired in the cabinet....and it's not because life doesn't give us headaches anymore, people.  :)

Before: we went through a bottle of children's tylenol/ibuprophen every month of so
Now: we haven't bought any in one year.  and not because I'm opposed to it - we just haven't needed it.  Instead, it's peppermint for fever, panaway for muscular/achy things, diluted thieves for new molars.

Before: bug bites blistered and swelled and popped and oozed and got infected.  Benadryl was virtually ineffective except in high doses.
Now: Citronella oil before we go outside; if we forget, Purification and Lavender take away swelling and itching overnight.

Before: cuts, scrapes, and other bleeding boo-boos meant hydrogen peroxide and antibacterial  ointment and screaming like limbs were being torn off.
Now: kids come in and ask for lavender on their minor wounds.  It disinfects and speeds healing.

Before: bedtime was kind of like playing a not very fun version of whack-a-mole.
Now: Lavender and Cedarwood in the diffuser, and Tranquil roll-on help us all go to sleep and stay asleep.

Before: my back and neck issues that were caused by a car wreck years ago would flare up every few months, leaving me in muscle-relaxer, painkiller induced fog for days.
Now: idaho balsam fir, copaiba, and frankincense in a capsule are heavy duty enough to completely keep me away from prescription meds.

Before: one of our kiddos took Miralax daily to help with chronic constipation.  Had been for years.
Now: Digize clockwise on the belly has gotten us completely miralax-free!

Before: when the grownups got a cold or virus, we reached for the Advil, Nyquil, Benadryl and whatever else we thought might help our coughing-sniffling-sneezing go away.
Now: a capsule 3x a day of thieves, oregano, and frankincense has not yet failed us!  We start it as soon as we feel the sickies coming on, and it's gone within 48 hours, usually more like 24.

Before: I had to carefully watch how far and long I ran or shin splints would keep me off the roads entirely.  I had started taking an anti-inflammatory every day before I ran to prevent them.
Now: Lemongrass for inflammation means I haven't had shin splints in 6 months!  I just rub a bit on my shins before running and I'm good to go.

Before: even just hearing about a stomach virus going around was enough to make me throw up.
Now: when I hear about it starting in the classrooms and at the church, we start using oregano daily - the grownups, in a capsule; the kids, on their feet.

Before: once a month, my face would break out like I was 13 again, seriously making me consider purchasing some proactiv from the vending machine at the mall.
Now: Orange Blossom Facial Wash and Frankincense in my moisturizer means that I've got the clearest complexion I've had my whole life, and I can even go without makeup sometimes.

Before: I thought spending $150 on a starter kit of oils was insane.
Now: I can't believe they don't sell it for twice that.

What a difference a year has made for us!  

I know I have friends who read this blog who are on the fence about trying them....and I just want you to know that I think you should.  I think it's worth a try.  I think you don't have anything to lose, except the price of a doctor office visit co-pay and a prescription or two.

Here's what else I know: the expense was the reason it took me so long to try them.
I think it's the reason lots of people put it off.  Even though it makes sense, and it's worth a try, it's just a lot of money, especially when you are budget conscious like we are.

So.  During the month of October, in honor of my one year oil anniversary :), if you order a premium starter kit through me, I will reimburse your taxes and shipping.  I make a bit of commission every time someone orders a kit using my member number, so I'll use that money to help offset the cost of your starter kit this month.  No pressure at all - I just want you to know that if it's the expense holding you back, maybe this will help.  I just believe in them and the difference they make that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment