Monday, June 16, 2014

Lazy summer days.

My goal this summer was to not have a goal.

Honestly.

Last summer we did camps and schedules and I was worn out at the end of it and I said never again.  Never, ever again.

So we're doing no camps besides an overnight Kids Camp for Lana, which Dan will go on.  We did VBS last week, and that's done.

This summer we are doing slow starts and last minute beach trips and learning to clean and do laundry and reading lots of books and having rest times and doing art and making messes and eating snack lunches and watching cartoons and playing in the sprinkler and hanging with friends and cousins and basically, whatever we want.

I'm determined to give them the kind of summer in which they are not entertained to death and they do get quite bored and have to figure out what to do about that.

I haven't even taken my camera with me much, because I have to WORK at being laid back, but I think it's worth it.  So far, we are enjoying it immensely.  Here are a few glimpses of the fun from my cell phone camera:

Pepper is a fan of this summer plan, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment