Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

My sweet family celebrated today so well with me.....they made it a perfect day for me in every way.

The children were giddy to bring me out to the living room this morning, where the most precious, heartfelt gifts awaited:




 Ya'll, I know a pillow doesn't sound very exciting for Mother's Day, but it is.
IT IS.
This is a rather expensive pillow that keeps my neck issues in line.

Those notes from Tucker and this letter from Lana were far and away the sweetest part of the day for me.  I will treasure them always. 


After opening all of those sweet gifts, we headed to corporate worship, where the kids joined us in service.  I love that.  I think there is so much to be said about children being with their parents in corporate worship.  I know it's hard and noisy and kind of scattered, but this morning was maybe my favorite time of worship in a long time.

And then.....all you moms will know how great this next part is....after a quick lunch of leftovers that required no cooking or cleaning up on my part, I spent the next THREE HOURS here, all by myself:

An uninterrupted nap that can last as long as I want it to is seriously delicious, and one of my very favorite things.  Super grateful.  And the only thing that could even make that better is when it's followed up by this sweetness:

I just can't even.
While the kids and I were snugged up on our big comfy couch, my main man was in the kitchen working some Mother's Day magic:
 I would never, ever choose to go out to eat on Mother's Day.  Crowds and waiting are two of my least favorite things in the world, so to have this kind of delicious meal prepared for me at home away from all the madness is a gift of the highest order.

After that yummy meal was some sweet playtime outside, and a chocolate cake that Tucker insisted on buying for me.


So many of my favorite things were included in this day.
Full heart, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment