Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mad Scientist Day

Yesterday at school we had Mad Scientist Day!  Lana & I had such fun dressing up that morning.

All across the school, students rotated from classroom to classroom, participating in different science experiments.  Here's my class before we got started that morning:
Yes, I do have the best job ever.

In my classroom, we made Blobs in a Bottle.  The oohs and aahs made it so worth all the hard work.  In other rooms, they did self-inflating balloons, exploding bags, and more.  

Super fun day of teaching with this awesome first grade team:

Some days of teaching are hard.  The needs of students seem to grow more with every passing year, while the pressures from standardized testing sit heavy on our shoulders.  Children and teachers are being asked to do more and more, and decisions about what we should do and how we should do it are being made by people who have never taught children a day in their life.  Some days are long....and hard.

That makes the days like these even more precious, and remind me why I love teaching.  I am thankful to be in a school where things like this are prioritized!

No comments:

Post a Comment