Saturday, January 4, 2014

No cold, no problem.

On Thursday morning, I woke up with that I'm-getting-sick feeling.
you know what I'm talking about.
my throat was thick, my head was pounding, my chest felt heavy, my ears were clogged, i felt rundown and tired, and just wanted to lay down and close my eyes.  at 9:30 a.m.

Usually when I feel this way, the cold or sinus infection is inevitable.  
despite emergen-c, nyqil, dayquil, and every other OTC remedy,
the cold still comes.

This time, though, I had my oils to battle that cold with.
Right away, as soon as I realized I felt crummy, I started with the oils.
I swiped thieves oil on the insides of my cheeks every couple of hours, and diffused it several times throughout the day.  I drank warm apple juice with a drop of thieves and some local honey.
I rubbed a drop of lemon oil from behind my ears, down the glands on the side of my neck, repeating several times throughout the day.  I put a drop of this in my drinks, too.
I rubbed purification on the outside of my throat, and also took a hot bath with epsom salts and purification oil.
I rubbed R.C. (Respiratory Congestion) on my chest several times during the day, and diffused it beside my bed that night.

By Friday morning, I felt ok.  Not perfect, but definitely not getting sicker, which felt like a victory.
So I kept up the regimen with those oils all through the day on Friday, and I want you to know that I woke up this morning feeling great.  Totally normal, not a bit of those sickies at all.

As much as I love these oils, they still amaze me!
Dan is pretty much in shock, too.
He said when he heard how I sounded on Thursday morning, he was preparing for a couple of days of being Mr. Mom while I recuperated.
Did.  Not.  Happen.

The germs just can't compete with my oils.
The proof is in the health!

No comments:

Post a Comment