Friday, July 26, 2013

Beachin' it.

It is a sweet kindness from the Lord that we live so close to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.  After an emotionally draining week, the kids and I got up Thursday morning and cleaned the house.  They were champs - cleaning counters and toilets and tables with such joyful hearts.  They would finish one job and come running to find me to see what their next job was.  Tucker said "Mommy, I LOVE doing these jobs with you!"  So precious.

So after a quick lunch and nap, we spontaneously decided to throw on bathing suits and head south.  I forgot beach chairs and toys, we were in that much of a hurry.

Dan met us there after work, which sweetened the deal substantially.


These little butterfly clam things were everywhere in the sand today.  I spent hours as a child on Dauphin Island digging these up.  We had such a good time looking at all the different colors of their shells today.

The kids loved the big walls of sand today!  I think the absence of toys helped!
They spent hours climbing up and sliding down.
I remember doing this as a child, too.

Pure joy.

 It is the greatest gift of my life to be their mommy,
to hold hands in the waves and race along the sand and dig for shells and wipe the sand out of eyes and to do every bit of life with these two precious ones.

We washed off and headed home at dusk.
Time on the beach is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment