Friday, December 2, 2011

What I'm into

I saw this idea on this blog,
and thought it was fun!
Hopefully some of my regular readers will join in the fun.
(Hint, hint.)

On my nightstand:
The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory.  She's one of my favorite historical fiction writers of all time - there's nothing I've read by her that I haven't liked.
Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jancovic.  I'm reading it for the 3rd time - it's one of those that are just so good.  I'd love to eventually meet with some other moms to read through this together.
Comforts from the Cross by Elyse Fitzpatric.  I read a few pages from this every day after I've read my Bible.  So, so good for my soul.
A Stolen Life a memoir by Jaycee Duggard.  This is up next, as soon as I finish Philippa Gregory's.  I love memoirs of all kinds.

Movies I've Seen
I'm not a movie watcher, and would always prefer to read a book.
However, today my sweet hubby cleaned the house for me, a total surprise and wonderful gift.  So when he asked me tonight if I wanted to watch "Elf" with him - the answer was obviously yes!  It was the first time I've seen it, and I admit - I laughed all the way through it!!    

TV:
*Survivor* of course.  We'll find out who wins in a couple of weeks.  I also hate Coach more than ever.  He seriously makes me shudder every time he opens his mouth.
*Person of Interest* is my new obsession.  I loved every minute of 24, and this new show is the only one that has ever made my heart beat fast like Jack Bauer did.
*Intervention* is always on my radar.  When Dan is out at a meeting, and the kids are asleep, this is my go-to show on Netflix.  I'm almost done with all 9 episodes (it's taken me years) - I'm going to be sad when it's done.
*Locked Up Abroad* is a recent rediscovery.  I watched an episode years ago, but then I had some friends who were traveling overseas for mission work, and it freaked me out too badly.  I really do like it, so I've been watching it again sometimes.
*Hoarders*  I think I watch it for the horror effect.

In my ears:
*Children of the Free - this is a worship cd that was birthed out of our church in NC, and we listen to it daily.  Solid truth, some of the best music I know.
*Christmas music, of course!  The kids and I turn on Pandora and dance!
*The Jesus Storybook Bible on cd - we got this for the kids for Christmas, and we couldn't wait to open it.  They are loving audio right now, and the Jesus Storybook Bible is our favorite of all time, so we just had to open it and listen.  It's wonderful.
*Words that Rhyme with Orange by Ross King.  I read about it on this blog, and now I want to download it and listen to it with the kids all the time!  "The Food Trying Song" is just perfect.  "More" makes me weepy.  "If I Wasn't So Cute" is Tucker's theme song, and "Juicebox" and "Don't Do It" crack me up!  And I know some adults who need to listen to"The Sound of Whining" a time or two.

In my kitchen:
There's something about cold weather that just makes you want to bake.
And oh man.  Pinterest is going to make me fat.
Chocolate and Peppermint Marshmallows - because there's just no better Christmas combo.
I just found this one called The Best Christmas Cookie Ever.  Must see if it lives up to its name!

Looking forward to:
*Tomorrow is our first Random Act of Christmas Kindness: we're going to watch the sun set at the beach, and we're going to pay the toll for the people behind us.  
*Teaching kindergarteners in Extended Session this Sunday - we're going to learn about how all our Christmas symbols (tree, wreath, lights, gifts) point to Jesus.  
*Making our new blog book at the end of the year.  Let me know if you want to make one, too - I'd love to refer you and earn points.  :)
*I just found out today that Lana's school is implementing new procedures for car riders and walkers.  I have been very uncomfortable with how dismissal goes, for several different reasons, and I'm really glad that they are making some changes.  Her school is so wonderful, and they are definitely filling in one of their few weak spots here.
*Lana getting out of school for the holidays!  She's thriving in kindergarten, but the truth is that I still just miss her every single moment she's away.  It's true, what they say - she's just my heart walking around outside my body.
*A date night with Dan.  It's not scheduled, but we really do have to make it happen.  (Honey, are you reading this?  Hint, hint.  Don't we have that GroupOn for sushi??)
*Receiving and putting up Christmas cards.  I am so in love with this idea to display them.

OK, if you managed to read all of this -
it's your turn!!
Blog it and link back here so I can read yours!

2 comments:

  1. Super fun idea! Miss you, friend and reading this made me realize it yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged for you. :) Also, I'm so excited to read the Boleyn Inheritance! I love historical fiction but haven't read any in so long.

    ReplyDelete