Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day, 2011

Merry Christmas from Team Davis!

We started the morning around 7:00 a.m. with homemade cinnamon rolls,
the Christmas story from Luke 2, and opening gifts.
Here are the kids' big gifts.

 precious faces.  
and I wonder how many years they'll let me put them in matching pj's?

this girl turns me into a pile of mush.
she's breathtaking.

Tucker was fascinated with Lana's "princesses."

Dan was not happy about that.

They loved this table, and even wanted to eat their breakfast here.

This was a fun year for gifts with these two - 
they took their time opening, and were really grateful for each thing.

To Dan's relief, Tucker did love his workbench.

favorite stocking treat: Pocky


After enjoying our gifts, and eating cinnamon rolls,
we got ready for church.
I didn't manage to get one of all of us, but I caught this one of my boys:

Are.  You.  Kidding.  Me.  With.  The.  Cuteness.

We loved spending the morning worshipping with our church family!
I admit, I was dragging my feet a bit getting dressed,
but once we were there, I was so thankful for the opportunity to really focus on what the day is about.  
I wish Christmas was always on Sunday.
It is always good to gather with the Body to worship Christ,
but to do it on the day we celebrate His birth was particularly meaningful.

We got to take a delicious nap,
and then my family came over to do our Christmas celebration.

My children adore their Uncle Allan & Aunt Ranae.
What's not to adore?!

Watching my mama with my little girl warms my heart.

Sue Sue and Baloo gave Tucker a pair of Superman pajamas with a cape.
He zoomed around the house the rest of the night.

Lana wanted a cape, too - Sue Sue to the rescue!

Lana helped Sue Sue distribute gifts.

Do you see what I mean about her enjoying and appreciating every single gift?!



I was trying to get them to take a picture together.
This is what I got.
SO typical of both of them!

Tucker and Daddy loved the remote control car "they" got from Sue Sue and Baloo!

This is so heartwarming to me, for so many reasons.

such sweet family time, all around.

 My kids' favorite gifts from Sue Sue & Baloo - what a fun idea!

We let them stay up so late and hang with us;
they even got to watch old school Power Rangers before bed.

adore this.

I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the food! 
It was so perfect.
Mama made homemade gumbo, Billy made my very favorite broccoli-jalapeno cornbread, I made homemade french bread and apple pie, Billy made cowboy cookies....we were all stuffed to the gills by the time the night was over.

Allan and Ranae stayed until after 11 p.m., and we went to bed tonight with such full hearts.
Thankful for dear family,
and good food,
and a church we love,
and gifts to give,
and children we adore,
and so much more.
Thankful most of all for a Rescuer who gave it all.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I saw Truckery Rhymes in one of those pictures! Yay!

    ReplyDelete