Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life with Tucker today (2 years, 2 months)


Profile of a 2-year-old Tucker
  • Interests: just recently, cats and dogs - he'll now let them get close to him and lick his hand
  • Enjoys: playing in his sandbox, swinging, going for walks, riding in Lana's red car
  • Turn Offs: having to sit in his highchair after he finishes eating
  • Vices: being demanding.  It's like he's forgotten all his manners.  "Give me my juice!"  "Read this book."  "I want to brush my teeth!"
  • Strengths: He's such a good sport about anything - as long as you take the time to explain to him what's going on, he's a willing participant in almost everything we do.
Favorites of a 2 year old Tucker
  • Foods: soups of nearly any kind.  Mama's homemade chicken noodle is his fave.
  • Songs: Baa Baa Black Sheep and Amazing Grace
  • Shows: Veggie Tales, much to our dismay.  It's maybe mine & Dan's least favorite.  Ugh.
  • Books: Anything that has Diego or Cars on it.  I try to hide those, hoping he'll return to quality literature.  :)
  • Toys: play tools, Leap Frog Fridge Letter Magnets - he plays with these multiple times a day, every day.
  • Activities: going to visit Daddy at work, helping mama clean, anything with a ball
Words:
His sentences are getting more and more complex: "Where did that big doggy go?  I like it!"
My very favorite thing he's saying these days is this:
He'll tell us when we've finished doing something fun: "I had a good time with you."  Just today, we were leaving the playground, and he said "Mommy, I love you. I love you a lot.  I have a good time with you."  Melt, melt, melt.  This mama is smitten.
Just as an example of how much he's talking (and how he wraps me around his finger), here is a video I took yesterday.  He was using his chalk to color all over all of his toys - notice his trampoline.  


And just for fun, I have to include this video.
Warning: it'll break your heart!
I had a bowl of soapy water on the counter,
and the bowl was the same kind that his Halloween candy was in.
When I went to the bathroom, he must have gotten curious,
because I heard a big splash and came in to this:
The video tells the rest of the story.

Never a dull moment in the house with Tucker Davis.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, strange question, but how do you get Tucker to eat soup? Does he drink it from a mug or thermos, or is he good with his spoon? Neither of my kids are fond of soups, mostly because they struggle with eating it. One of them prefers the broth, the other prefers the 'stuff' in the broth, too, so that's fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Leah! Lana was the same way, but Tucker is a master with a spoon. I do make his "thicker" to make it easier to manage - you know, less broth and more stuff.

    ReplyDelete