Friday, October 14, 2011

Leah Finn's homemade buttermilk biscuits

My grandmother and my mother make real deal homemade biscuits.
They roll them out and cut them out with a drinking glass and they are absolutely amazing, especially covered in homemade tomato gravy.  

Unfortunately, I do not have the talent nor the inclination to make biscuits like they do.

So when my friend Leah Finn shared her homemade buttermilk biscuit recipe with me, 
I could hardly believe my eyes.  
Less than half a dozen ingredients, and mere minutes to make.
No rolling - just dropping.

I gave them a shot for dinner tonight, and they were a huge hit!
We think they're best hot out of the oven,
but Lana is very excited about having leftovers for breakfast.

You can see Leah's original recipe here.

Leah's Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
Ingredients:
2 (heaping) cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1.5 cups buttermilk
3/4 stick (6 Tbs) salted butter (it must be salted)

Directions:
Turn oven on to 475*, and melt butter in pie pan.
While the butter is melting, mix other ingredients together.
Pull pie plate out of oven, and pour half of the melted butter into the biscuit dough.
The dough will be very wet and sticky.
Drop dough by spoonfuls onto buttered pan. 
Bake 12-15 minutes in 475* preheated oven, until golden brown.
Remove from oven, let cool briefly, and then turn upside down onto pan to release biscuits.
Break apart and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. definitely best fresh out of the oven! So glad the Davis family can enjoy these easy biscuits. Much love!

    ReplyDelete