Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten


Today was the big day!


My precious baby girl was all smiles this morning.
She popped out of bed at 6:30 a.m. without me waking her.
She nibbled at her breakfast of choice - 
whole wheat apple cinnamons muffins and conecuh sausage.
She asked to sit in the far back of the van so that she could sit beside her bookbag.

We parked and walked her into her classroom.  

Happy, happy to be at school!

She didn't shed one tear, or hesitate one moment.
In and settled at her table, not one backward glance.
I didn't shed cry, either, until I got out the doors.
Dan kept Tucker for a few minutes so that I could go for a run.
I ran on the sidewalks just outside of her school and cried and prayed.
And after about 30 minutes, 
I got in my car and spent the rest of the day with this boy:

doing things like this:

and then I watched the clock and showed up way too early to pick up my very favorite girl in the whole world!  Can you see her waving like crazy?!  She was happy to see me, too!

This is the face I got when I asked her how school was today:
 Her major reports for the day included that she only had to have a few reminders to look at her teacher and stop acting crazy, that Ms. Fine gave them so many treats like monster cupcakes and chocolate kisses for _Kissing Hand_, and the only question she had was "Mama, what's the big deal about all the rules, anyway?!"  

She couldn't wait to look in her bookbag to show me her Take-home folder,
and dig out the special treat from her teacher.

so cute.
                                                     

Her requested afternoon snack was chocolate chip cookies.  
Of course, my dear.

I love that before she even began eating her snack, 
she shared a cookie and some goldfish with her brother. 

A snack-time phone call from Daddy to find out how her day went.

My sweet baby was so tired by 4:30 that she could have gone to bed right then.  
A movie and after-work snuggles from Daddy helped.

Tucker had an especially early nap because he had to be up in time for us to go pick up Lana from school.  They were both pooped.

We ate Lana's specially requested dinner (baked chicken, broccoli, and mac & cheese) at 5:00 p.m., baths at 5:30 p.m., and kids were in bed by 6:00 p.m.  I don't think Lana even moved.

Day 2, coming right up!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't even posted Joy's 1st day yet. Boo on me, but this was beautiful...I even cried. I am basically a mess though lol. I love that she wanted to sit with her book bag and the one with Dan, T-bone, and Lana was where I started with the tears. We are praying for her, we love her and all of you! Happy 2nd day!

    ReplyDelete