Monday, July 4, 2011

First Fourth in Florida

‎"It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don't use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows. For everything we know about God's Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That's an act of true freedom." (Gal 5:13, The Message)


We had the best first fourth of July!
We spent the whole day with this crew:

We took our camera to the first part of the day, and didn't take one.single.picture.
There were cute puppies and grilled steaks and a gorgeous pool and laughing kids and fabulous teenagers, and we somehow managed to not take one picture!

It really was amazing to have time to just BE with some of our new family.

Tucker's made a buddy for life.
He spent the entire fireworks show snugged up with Mr. Mark.

Such a sweet time with my girl!
One of my favorite moments:
as we were watching the fireworks, she said
"Hey Mommy, remember that time when you woke me up in the middle of the night to watch fireworks out on the driveway?  That was a special night."
Last year or maybe the year before, Dan was working on the fourth, and I was not going to brave the crowds with two small children to watch fireworks by myself.  So I bathed them and put them to bed and then realized we could see Rolesville fireworks from our driveway.
So I woke up my best girl to come sit with me and watch.  
To make memories together.
And she remembers.
It was just so sweet to hear her say.

No comments:

Post a Comment