Saturday, March 28, 2015
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Monday, March 23, 2015
- Jesus, walking closer to Him each day, never needing Him less, only more and more.
- my health: I ran 3 miles this morning before the sun was fully up.
- my birthday twin, who also happens to be the great love of my life.
- two beautiful, healthy, smart, charming children.
- Hillcrest Church, because these past 4 months have felt quite a lot like coming home.
- my Sunday morning Connect Group. We are beginning this study.
- BSF: the life of Moses this year, the book of Revelation next year.
- essential oils
- the kind of mama who hides birthday gifts under my bed to find today
- spring, warm weather, Easter. Do not abandon yourselves to despair; we are the Easter people and Hallelujah is our song. (Pope John Paul 11)
- living on Pensacola beach
- friends and neighbors who are like family
- the children's ministry at Hillcrest: Melinda, Monica, Amy, all the leaders, the whole crew
- Pepper the beagle, cuddled close to me while I make this list
- my navy Land's End blanket, 100% cotton and just pure comfort to me.
- Tucker's "soft kisses"
- prepping for a week at the beach with a heart friend and her children
- promises fulfilled from the Lord: The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty.
- blackberry-on-the-bottom Chobani
- an hour of quiet, in the house alone
- skinny iced white mocha
- Google celebrating my birthday! Does your google look like this today?!
- Not having to cook tonight! The hardest part is choosing between boiled crawfish at home or dinner out at Five Sisters or McGuire's!
- Woodwick candles
- library books
- People magazine
- singing hymns from the pew on Sunday morning, with my children beside me
- my co-teaching job: it's quite possibly my favorite job I've ever had
- reading with Lana at night
- salt and vinegar potato chips
- college students that give me hope for this generation
- a simple life
- my children's teachers: Mrs. Celis, Mrs. Lisa, Mrs. Lottie
- another day.
Open to me the gates of righteousness,
- his gray hair (that he hates, but I adore)
- his back dimples that match Tucker's
- he holds my hand
- he loves Jesus
- he loves our babies
- he makes phone calls so I don't have to
- he never calls it "babysitting" when he is caring for the children
- he makes the bed and irons my clothes nearly every morning of our life
- he cooks the best breakfast
- he tries to learn from his mistakes
- he is the best shopping buddy!
- he gets my need for silence and doesn't get offended by it
- he doesn't take himself too seriously
- he doesn't take others too seriously
- he doesn't take ME too seriously
- we got married at 21 and have literally grown up together
- he tells me that I am a good mom
- he makes time for me to run
- he is sweet to my mama
- he teaches me how to let things go
- he binge watches shows on Netflix with me at night
- he lets me warm my cold feet on him
- he works hard so I can be at home with our littles
- he encourages me in anything I want to do or be
- he makes me laugh
- he lights up any room he is in
- his smile is my favorite
- he never complains about stopping at the store on his way home from work
- we like the same foods
- he puts his family before himself and his interests all the time
- he makes the best of bad situations
- he sees the best in everyone and everything
- he is good at everything he tries
- he chooses me, over and over again
Friday, March 20, 2015
Caught these pictures on my phone last week,
and they make me smile every time I look at them.
slow, easy mornings.
sunlight streaming in.
These are the days I hope they'll always remember.